hAPPy NeW YeAr!!!!
Today I felt so behind and so slow when I realised that America really is the slowest country on the planet…and I’m pretty sure, being in CALIFORNIA….makes me one of thee SLOWEST places on Earth.. as I was one of the last countries and states to enter 2010…I am living in the past… my morning started at 09:00 ish when I realised I missed ‘new years’ in Australia…HAPPY NEW YEARS SIBLINGS!! and they were already at 03:00 on the 1st of the 1st 2010…when I GOT to work at 16:00 I was overcome with ‘happy new years! In South Africa!!’ indeed South Africa had had their time…
8 hours later…as I laid down a breakfast napkin on table 52, the 8-top…I entered 2010…HAPPY NEW YEAR…!
Although I didn’t party or get drunk like the average student, I enjoyed being where I was at that time, and doing what I was doing, although at times I wished I could be the one sitting at the table, a glass of champagne or glass of red in a burgundy glass AT LEAST.
So an hour and half later, 01:05, on the 1st of January 2010, I am officially working class as I clock out from my 9 hour shift at the Hotel. They say, how you spend your new years eve has a great impact on how you spend your year…so yes, I do believe this year will be busy, it will be positive and I will be working hard and be successful…
Tonights ,meals were set-menus, two sittings, the first was $95 and a 3-course meal where the second was $195 for a 5-course meal. The ribeye is heaven but apparently to the unsophisticated palette the foie-gras ice-cream…not so much. To my fellow University Hospitality management mates, you will be pleased to know that no matter how long you work in this industry,some things never change….we are working here with servers who have served for 20, 25 years, and ages range up to 40…but still, place leftover/extra food on the counter…and Bob’s your uncle…the plate is cleared within seconds as the server-vultures pounce on the victimized leftovers, if u happen to be on the floor and NOT in the back…it will probably be too late. So when you thought things would change and you would not eat so much in real life…think again friends amongst the servers such plates of food are known as ‘educational’…as we need to know how the food tastes that we sell with such pride.
Did I mention that we had a few celebrities in the hotel this week, #1 Dr Montgomery, from Greys Anatomy, as beautiful in real life as she is on the TV ( and I set her table … !!! ) and in the week we had the lawyer from the tv show, DIRTY SEXY MONEY…and yes they are both as good-looking in real life. Furthermore we had a few American celebrities.
Came home to the apartments where OBVIOUSLY the new year was entered and celebrated as it should be…let us just put it this way…some of these kids are going to have a ROUGH year…never mind morning ;)
So its 03:00 in the morning of the 1st of Januray 2010, I’m on the same page as the rest of you now, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I will soon wake up and eat a piece of TOAST…on the next best thing, new memories, new beginnings, new challenges and new adventures…
No comments:
Post a Comment
A penny for your thoughts...