Ello mate, welcome to Australia!! …contrary to popular belief I have not heard a single person say this to me yet…(I might have said it to myself but I guess that doesn’t count). As my new adventure starts, or the next leg of my adventure... called LIFE, I realised I really AM a citizen of the world, as I try to bank my US dollars$$ while they look at my South African passport in Australia…BOOM…
On my continued search for AwESoMEnEss…I now find myself in Queensland, Brisbane, the city on the river, intriguing and beautiful I must say. I have now done all the official things that a person in the real world has to do…phone number- check, filed for a tax number-check, opened bank accounts-check, slept-check, took a joy ride on the ferry- check, taken a day off from all the hard work…check! Found a job…uuuu..uhum…
On my little trip, the get-out-a-little and breathe-the-air trip, I definitely am loving the vitamin D my body is accumulating after months of withdrawal (I’m still too scared to show too much skin-WHITE,bright LIGHT) its winter but I am sweating during the day. I could get used to it.
As I jumped upon the city cat ferry, a few kilometres from outside our door, I am bewildered by the huge city right on the river- its beautiful, the city is on my left, and on the opposite side is southbank, a lot more chilled and sociable, pools and lifeguards, restaurants and botanical gardens, a very laid back but wonderful vibe, on this bank you will find the performing arts school and the the large Griffiths University.
In a stretch of about 10km on this river, I stand to be corrected, there are about 10 bridges….(actually i re-counted only 5 bridges and less than 10km) Of which half are probably for pedestrians and cyclists….very beautiful bridges though, my favourite would be the new one they are building…apparently it will be called the ‘go-between-bridge’…..uhum….uuummm…yes…now THIS bridge…well…GOES…BETWEEN….north and south banks…go figure…original. INGENIOUS!!
Here in Brisbane, it’s fun to walk everywhere, because you can, but WATCH OUT for cyclists…on the sidewalks there is a path for cyclists…this takes up almost most of the sidewalks and poor pedestrians need to keep as far left as possible, heaven forbid you come in the way of a cyclist…they WILL...literally ride you over… so story has it that you can get pulled over here even if you are drunk driving- while on a bicycle!!! Soon to fine drunk pedestrians too…apparently they themselves get into too many accidents… (this is not a joke).
I am loving it, while I sit on the patio and talk rubbish about the place I listen to the birds in the trees right outside here while having glimpses of the river and a very peaceful neighbourhood.
My continued search for awesomeness has continued as many CVs have been sent out, thinking big and thinking smaller scales, from large 5-star hotels many miles away, to small restaurants on the jetty around the corner. This search is nowhere near done but so far it is very awesome.
Got a few more things up my sleeve and the families sleeves for the weeks to come, next week I will enter Sydney, as I only experience MORE awesomeness there. But until then I still got a weekend full of fun, the search for awesomeness seems easier than you’d imagine-not much of a search when you live by it!!! (still waiting on the first awesome job:D )
Peace and Happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment
A penny for your thoughts...