Tuesday, August 10, 2010

nOt YouR OrDinArY daY oFF

Ok lets count the days by the days we have off…you know what they say – it’s not the days in your life that count but the life in your days. SO, in a nutshell day for day of days off consisted of… diving, (including 2 outter reef dives and lunch and snacks), spa - full body massage, a 3 hour hike and well, a picnic on a private beach with ice cold wine –no people for miles. This is definitely a good life. Even on a random morning with a few hours to spare- I had worked breakfast and would be back in for dinner again but that afternoon myself and two friends chilled on one balcony, we had had lunch drank some celebratory bubbly and then a beer or two and went paddleskiing to the bay next door-DONE all within 5 hours, back at dinner, back at work, acing the service and LIVING it UP!

Today as I greeted my South African partner in crime and awesome friend (mate), (we obviously ended up having a couple of drinks last night-because we are South African), this morning we went in for breakfast at the restaurant, sipping on bloody marys and flat whites while eating eggs Benedict (life hardly seems fair) after which we went home then took a trot to the beach where we lay on lilos and just basked in the sun while sipping on some sparkling wine…up for lunch, shower,’ power nap’, back at work.


Today I have the morning off and as such I had breakfast, cleaned my room, organised a dive, chilled in my hammock, swam in the rain, tanned in the rain, and now getting ready for a nap. I am still working on my tan as the process lingers and the colour of my body changes. It is currently a light pinkish red (anything is better than the translucent white it was) it is a PRE tan. Soon I will look all tropical and a thing of beauty I will be.


In this week our occupancy rates shoot up from 46% to 93%. From 46 guests to about 76. We have 5 new staff members on our team, 2long-terms members and myself. This week in the busiest time I been put in the kitchen as a food runner/expo/legend/superstar… there are so many dietary’s in house some fatal and some LAME ones which stretch over a two page essay. We are filling up this week with Europeans, where minimal of the people can actually speak English or understand it. FUN.


Anyway I realise blogs are getting less as leess things are happening, being on an island, but never fear that I will ALWAYS have something to tell.


TO lazy days AnD cRaZY wAyz, this is my LIzArd way.







No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...